Providing expert, innovative environmental and engineering consulting services - without surprises - is what DST Consulting Engineers Inc., A Division of Englobe does best. We are a multi-disciplinary firm providing comprehensive services to clients across Canada. DST’s nation-wide team is comprised of exceptional people in various stages of their career. We come together each day to make the unexpected happen. Growing our team means we are in pursuit of brilliant individuals who can rise to the challenge.
We are currently seeking a full-time Intermediate Project Manager - Environmental Engineer/Geoscientist, based out of our Ottawa, ON office.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Int. Environmental Engineer/Project Manager is responsible for leading and direct multi-disciplinary geosciences, remediation, groundwater and soil related projects. Primary responsibilities include:
- Conduct projects in the indoor and outdoor environmental field, including Phase I/II/III ESAs, Site remediation, Specifications and Tender Documents, Site Supervision, Demolition Consulting, Fuel Tank Audit/Management/Remediation, Waste Audits and Designated Substances/Hazardous Materials Surveys;
- Coordinate, supervise and perform research and field responsibilities; • Manage and/or generate deliverable documentation of various projects including environmental technical documents, research projects, case studies, and non-technical reports; • Prepare proposals and qualification packages; • Conduct technical peer reviews of environmental reports;
- Consistently execute prescribed technical procedures and work plans;
- Participate in project management meetings, office meetings, health and safety inspections;
- Actively market DST products and services to new and existing clients through business development initiatives including tradeshows;
- Maintain flexibility and adaptability to scheduling changes and occasional overtime, evening or weekend work;
- Travel between worksites locally, provincially and nationally to urban and remote areas for extended periods of time as required;
- Maintain a commitment to exceeding client expectations by consistently delivering high quality of work;
- Consistently maintain professionalism and objectivity while working with colleagues and clients who require varying degrees of support;
- Handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy to maintain positive working relationships with all internal and external contacts;
- Conduct project administration tasks as required, including timesheet generation and project invoicing
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering required, Masters’ degree preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a consulting environment;
- Extensive experience writing proposals, specifications, case studies, technical and non-technical reports; and
- Solid understanding of provincial and federal regulatory requirements acquired through experience and education.
- Possession of a Professional Engineering (P.Eng) or Professional Geologist (P.Geo) designation preferred;
- Possession of valid driver’s license required; and
- Possession of or eligibility to obtain security clearance required.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Strong organization and planning skills;
- Strong research and technical writing skills;
- Proficient with use of MS Office;
- Ability to present information concisely and clearly;
- Strong listening and interpretation skills, ability to retain salient points and synthesize information on complex issues;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Ability to effectively and efficiently problem-solve and tackle new assignments;
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Exceptional leadership, communication and people management skills;
- Excellent project and financial management skills;
- Strong business development orientation with professional, courteous demeanor;
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills.
How to apply:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to us and quote JOB #20-008
DST Consulting Engineers Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
: If you have a disability and require assistance or accommodation with your application or interview, please contact Human Resources at 1-613-247-2409 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you do not require assistance due to a disability, please only apply directly by clicking the “apply” button on this page.